We stand with the Black community.
Like so much of the nation and the world, we have watched events unfold with horror, disgust, anger, and confusion. Black lives matter.
To move forward and achieve equity in our communities, we need more Black leaders and allies.
Forté’s hashtag is #MoreWomenLeading — but our mission goes deeper than that. For the past two decades, we have been focused on transforming what leadership looks like. That starts with listening to, and supporting, underrepresented voices. Forté is and always has been about elevating women of color everywhere.
Black women need our support now more than ever.
- Today, 7.4% of Fortune 500 CEOs are women. None of them are Black.
- On average, last year, women earned 81.5% of what men earned.
- That pay gap is much larger for women of color. Black women earned 68% of what white men earned.
Take Action for Black Women
Not sure what to say or do? Start with these simple steps:
- As an ally, educate yourself about how you can best support marginalized communities and put those tools to work.
- Advocate for Black women by lifting their voices on social media by following, liking, and sharing.
- If you are a Black woman in business, let me know what we can do to support you.