Forté Foundation is a non-profit consortium of leading companies and top business schools working together to launch women into fulfilling, significant careers through access to business education, opportunities, and a community of successful women.
We achieve this goal by:
- Motivating young women to prepare for a business career
- Increasing women's access to education and business networks
- Educating women on the value of an MBA
- Supporting women financially in their advanced business education through the Forté Fellows Program
- Raising awareness of the impact women can make on business and on society/culture/environment/economy
- Encouraging and supporting cutting-edge research on relevant topics
Simply put, our goal is to connect you to the right people and organizations and give you access to the tools you need to have the successful business career you deserve.
Our Call to Action
Forté was founded in 2001 in response to a landmark research study, "Women and the MBA: Gateway to Opportunity," which explored several key myths and misperceptions about business careers and why fewer women attend schools of business than schools of medicine or law. Women have been in mainstream business for over 30 years, but still make up less than 17% of corporate board members in America’s 500 largest companies. Inspired to address this inequity and its impact on the business landscape, Forté defined our call to action:
- Show how careers in business can be philosophically rewarding
- Prepare women and get them excited for business school
- Provide access to decision influencers like admissions professionals, corporate recruiters, and business leaders
- Highlight and promote inspiring role models to build women’s confidence
Forté continues its mission with a sense of urgency.
A critical part of our work is influencing perceptions among women about business careers. We show women that they can have a career that is flexible, philosophically rewarding, and aligned with a principled, multi-faceted life. At the same time, we want to convey the benefits of an MBA as a credential that provides women optimal opportunities for advancement and the flexibility to tailor a career in business that matches their interests and passions.
To that end, Forté is the only organization that provides a national infrastructure for women to gather the essential information and resources they need before they make life-altering decisions about entering the business world through a rich curriculum of events and career resources for professional women.
Together with our sponsors, Forté has achieved the following:
|INFLUENCING OUR MEMBERS
across career stages:
9% College students
11% MBA students
53% Post college / No MBA
26% Post MBA
1% Post Other Grad Degree
|BUILDING AWARENESS OF MBA PROGRAMS
reached through Forté Forums over the past 15 years
|INCREASING MBA WOMEN
Female enrollment has risen from 28% to 35% since Forté began in 2002
|REACHING DIVERSE WOMEN
21% Asian / Pacific Islander
13% African American
6% Not available
2% Two or more
Are you ready to get involved? We have some easy ways for you to get the most out of Forté: