Celebrate International Women’s Day with Forté
Let's build a gender-balanced world.
International Women’s Day, held annually on March 8, is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for a more gender-balanced world. You can make a positive difference for women everywhere with simple, everyday actions.
Let’s celebrate our achievements together! Forté has the resources for you to amplify women’s voices on social media, tools for you to build your leadership and self-empowerment wheelhouses, and keys to get you started in female mentorship at school or at work.
Five Actions for International Women's Day
Request a Forté Speaker
Looking for a keynote speaker, an educational presentation, or an interactive workshop for International Women's Day on how to make your workplace more diverse, inclusive, and supportive of gender equity? Bring in Forté.
Show Your Social Support for Women
Take a selfie showing that you want gender balance, or grab some friends to get in the photo with you! Bonus: Take the photo in front of your company logo, school sign, or famous landmark. Be sure to tag @fortefoundation!
To make it even easier, we’ve created cards and text for you to use so all you need is good lighting and the "each for equal" pose.
Become a Leader During Your Lunch Break
Our Women Lead webinar series focuses on career exploration, leadership, networking, and professional skills. We’re offering a free webinar to celebrate International Women’s Day!
Overcoming Barriers to Gender Equity in the Workplace
Available On Demand
We’ve invited panelists to discuss efforts of millennials and Generation Z to create change within the workplace and enable women to succeed. Together, we will explore research on the factors that impede women’s leadership trajectories, and look at how some companies are creating a roadmap to encourage women’s advancement.
Make it a watch party by gathering a group and view it together!
Wear Your Support
Show your support for gender equity by wearing a #MoreWomenLeading t-shirt, available for order now in our store.
Get Started with Mentorship
Let’s think beyond International Women’s Day and grow the Forté network of women on your campus or at your company through mentorship. This is your opportunity to meet women from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and career stages to find strength in numbers.
You recognize the value of networking and Forté's alliance of talented women. Mentorship is a relationship—and it can range from structured check-ins to casual coffee chats.
Spend some time getting to know each other and celebrate each others' accomplishments. Consider some of these conversation starters:
- Share your proudest achievement to date.
- Discuss female influencers we see in the media.
- Share a strong female role model for you and why.
- What skills or qualities does it take to be a leader?
- Are there gender differences in the skills or qualities of a leader?
- What is one thing we can do today off campus or after work to change the balance of power in the workplace?
Mentorship on Campus
Forté undergrad and MBA students have created guides for others to use to start mentoring programs on their campuses. Some quick tips to get started:
For MBA Students
- Celebrate International Women’s Day by creating an event — even if it’s a simple 30-minute coffee meetup — to connect with the undergrad women on your campus
- Reach out to undergrad women’s clubs on your campus such as Women in Business, Society of Women Engineers, and Pan-Hellenic Sororities and volunteer to be a guest speaker to talk about the value of an MBA for women and share your career story
- Use our sample email to get started
- Connect with Career Services to add your events to campus and job board calendars
- Invite an MBA woman to be a speaker at an upcoming club or sorority event
- Feature an MBA woman and her story in your club or sorority newsletter
- Use our sample email to get started