Forté would like to recognize the achievements of women MBAs at Forté partner schools. Named in honor of Forté's Board Chair Emeritus, Edie Hunt, this annual recognition will align with Forté's mission and be based on the contribution the individual has made to her school or community to advance women into business leadership positions. At our MBA Women's Leadership Conference in June, we will announce the winner of the Edie Hunt Inspiration Award.
Who Can Be Nominated?
MBA women currently enrolled in a Forté partner school who will graduate in 2021. (For one-year programs, all MBA women are eligible.)
Nominations are closed.
In order to be nominated, a woman must be currently enrolled as an MBA student at a Forté partner school and will graduate in 2021. (For one-year programs, all full-time MBA women are eligible.) She will exhibit a track record of working to increase and/or encourage women's interest in business school or business careers through innovation and leadership. Some of the areas the selection committee will consider include, but are not limited to, a nominee’s commitment to:
- Increasing women's interest in attending business school and active leadership in school activities recruiting women.
- Leadership of student organization, initiative, or program related to women.
- Encouraging women into business careers, including mentoring young women about business careers.
- Serving as a role model and inspiration to women and men on campus.
- Supporting the mission of Forté.
Benefits for Recipient of the 2021 Edie Hunt Inspiration Award
- $1,000 cash award and a $100 retail gift card
- Free MBA Women's Leadership Conference registration
- Commendation for your resume
- Networking opportunities with Forté Board of Directors and senior executives at the MBA Women's Leadership Conference
- Announcement and profile on Forté web site, newsletter, and an accompanying press release
- Complimentary accommodations and transportation to the MBA Women's Leadership Conference (given the 2021 event is in person)
If you have questions, please contact us.
Past Award Recipients
Alexandra Walker Turner
About Edie Hunt
Forté Foundation Board Member
Edie Hunt spent virtually all of her 32 year career at Goldman Sachs in New York. During the first half of her career she held a variety of positions from commodities trader to business unit manager to Chief Administrative Officer of the Fixed Income Division. She spent the second half of her career dealing with critical people issues for the firm, and rose to the level of Partner, serving as Chief Operating Officer of the Human Capital Management Division. In this capacity she had global responsibility for all of the recruiting, training and diversity initiatives of the firm. She has served as both the Chief Diversity Officer and the Chief Recruiting Officer.
In her non-profit work, along with serving on Forté Foundation’s board and as a former Chair, Edie is Chair of the board of Women’s Campaign International, on the board of Phillip’s Academy Charter School in Newark, NJ, a founding board member of New Jersey Needs You, and is very active in her Jersey City community being Treasurer for her church, a board member for the modern dance company Nimbus, and on the board of the Jersey City Fund for Excellence and Equality, which provides financial resources for the betterment of the Jersey City public schools. Edie earned an MBA from The University of Chicago and BA and BS degrees from the University of Pennsylvania.