Effective Date: February 7, 2018
- What personally identifiable information is collected through our Sites or Services;
- Who collects this information;
- How such information is used;
- With whom your information may be shared;
- What choices you have regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information;
- What kinds of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under our control; and
- How you can correct inaccuracies in your information.
Other Web Sites
Our Sites contain links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which Forté Foundation has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
Information We Collect
Forté Foundation collects information about you when you interact with our Sites and Services, including to provide you with access to our programs and events (collectively, “Programs”).
Use of Our Sites and Services. We collect information about devices associated with you that you use to access the Site and Services, such as a computer, mobile phone, or tablet. We may collect, store, and use information you provide to us from devices associated with you when you use our Site and Services, including when you log in to the Site or Services, register for an account, complete a web form, add or update your account information, or otherwise correspond with us regarding the Site and Services. Collected information may include, but is not limited to, your name, physical address, email address, phone number, birthdate, gender, social media information, format preference (HTML vs. Text), interests, and other profile information.
Programs. When you attend our Programs, including in-person and webinar events, we collect your first name, last name, email, and location.
Tell-A-Friend. If you elect to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we will ask you for the friend’s name and email address. Forté Foundation will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. Forté Foundation stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
Donations. When you donate to us, we may require you to provide your name, contact information, billing address, email address, phone number, and credit card or payment card information.
Information We Collect Automatically
In addition, we may automatically collect information about the devices you use to interact with our Sites.
The information we automatically collect may also include your device identifier, web browser, precise geolocation, and browsing information collected through cookies and beacons, such as your IP address. Forté Foundation may also automatically collect information about how you use the Sites, such as what you have searched for and viewed on the Sites and Services.
We collect the internet protocol (IP) addresses of all visitors to our site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our site, analyze trends, track users’ movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the site, and deliver customized, personalized content.
Do Not Track
Our Sites and Services do not collect personal information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or online services. Therefore, “do not track” signals transmitted from web browsers do not apply to our Sites and Services, and we do not alter any of our data collection and use practices upon receipt of such a signal.
How We Use Your Information
The personal information we collect may be used or processed where Forté Foundation has a legitimate interest in or other legal basis for processing such data. In some situations the collection of personal information may be required for the operation of the Sites and Services or to provide certain services. The information we collect may be used or processed for the following purposes:
- To serve the functions of the Sites and Services;
- To manage Forté Foundation’s everyday business needs, such as administration and improvement of the Sites, including analysis of the Sites’ performance and functioning;
- To study how visitors use the Sites and to perform other market research;
- To solicit and process charitable donations;
- To communicate with you about our Programs, including when you enroll for our Programs;
- To offer you information and promotional material about the Services and Programs you see on our sites;
- To provide you with advertisements based on your interests;
- To facilitate sharing information about our Sites, Services, and Programs with individuals you know, through our Tell-A-Friend feature;
- To facilitate your interaction through our Sites and Services with other Program participants, including through social networking; and
- To send you further notices, promotions, solicitations, brochures, or other marketing materials regarding our Sites and Services, our Programs, and the services of our businesses, affiliates, and business partners.
We will use your personal information to develop a personal profile about you.
If you choose to opt-in, we may share your information (including personal information) with our sponsor schools and companies.
If you notify us that you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, we will not send you marketing information.
How We Share Your Information
If you attend one of our events, the Forté Foundation may share the lists of event attendees and accompanying information, including first name, last name, email, and location, with the event sponsor or sponsors.
We also may share your information with third party service providers who perform services and functions on our behalf to support our interactions with you including, for example, providing our Programs and Services, processing your purchases or donations, administering surveys or contests, or communicating with you. These third parties have no independent rights in the data.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process;
- To law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- If this is necessary to protect the vital interests of a person;
- To protect our property, services and legal rights;
- To prevent fraud against Forté Foundation, our affiliates, business partners, or authorized dealers;
- To support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions; or
- To comply with any and all applicable laws.
Third Party Advertising Networks
Many third-party advertisers and some web browsers and mobile devices allow you to opt-out of third-party advertising. Information and resources to opt out of interest-based advertising are available from the Digital Advertising Alliance at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. You may also opt out of tracking and receiving tailored advertisements on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices app at www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
The Sites and Services will allow you to sign into and associate your social network accounts including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google Plus, with Forté Foundation.
If you would like to disconnect a social media account from Forté Foundation, refer to the settings of that social media account and its provider.
Forté Foundation has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard information that can individually identify you. For example, all information provided to Forté Foundation is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our site that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of Forté Foundation.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary for business, legal, or regulatory purposes.
You can review, modify, and delete certain information related to your use of our digital properties by accessing your Forté Foundation account. You can unsubscribe to email, text, or other messages in your account settings or by following the instructions contained within the message. You can also ask us to update your information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Transfers and Corporate Changes
We reserve the right to disclose and transfer all information related to the websites, including personal information:
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of one or more of the sites; or
- In connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets, or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
The Forté Foundation Sites are general audience sites not directed at children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by Forté Foundation to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes within the immediately preceding calendar year. Forté Foundation will provide you with a list of the categories of personal information disclosed and a list of the names and addresses of the third parties. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at:
9600 Escarpment #745, PMB 72
Austin, TX 78749
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
9600 Escarpment #745, PMB 72
Austin, TX 78749
You can also send an email to email@example.com.