Forté Fellows Program
Our goal is not small. We want 20% women on Fortune 500 Boards by 2020. To do this, Forté is working with the top MBA programs to launch women into fulfilling careers in business. It all starts with an MBA.
The Forté Fellows Program was created with the intention of increasing the number of women applying to and enrolling in MBA programs by offering fellowships to women pursuing a full-time, part-time or executive MBA education at our sponsor business schools. To date, schools have given nearly $68 million to more than 3,000 Forté Fellows.
If you would like to be considered for a fellowship, you must first submit an MBA application to a participating school. All schools grant awards for full-time students. Part-time and executive awards are available at select schools. If you are interested in learning more about the Forté Fellowship program at any of our sponsor schools, please contact an admissions representative.
So what can you hope to gain with a Forté Fellowship? Besides the financial benefits, there is the immediate exposure to leading companies in the Forté network as well as the network of peers among your fellows that extends beyond your business school. But there are additional ways you will benefit from being a part of the Forté community:
- Participation in the Forté MBA Women Leadership Conference and the Financial Services FAST Track Conference, including networking opportunities with lead executives and with MBA students from sponsor schools, along with panel discussions and workshops that foster professional and personal development;
- Inclusion in the Forté Fellow resume book, which is distributed each fall to Forté sponsor companies;
- Inclusion in the Forté Fellow email lists, through which you can stay connected with Forté Fellows at member schools;
- Special access to the Fellow section of the Forté website and the Fellow LinkedIn group;
- Free lifetime Premium Access Pass to Forté ($50 value annually);
- Mentoring and special opportunities to connect with other Fellows and Forté representatives at your school;
- Leadership development opportunities via your role in planning your school’s Forté outreach program to undergraduate women; and
- A lifelong connection with the Forté
It is up to each individual school to decide who will represent their schools as Forté Fellows. The process is:
- Student applies to Forté sponsor school.
- Student receives an offer of admission into Forté sponsor school’s MBA program.
- Student receives consideration for all scholarship opportunities through that institution.
- The school selects its Forté Fellows.
- Sponsor school notifies Forté of its selections.
Note: Students of all nationalities are eligible for
The following are guidelines for admissions directors to consider as they select admitted MBA candidates for the Forté Fellowship:
- Candidates should exhibit exemplary leadership in one or more ways: academic leadership, team leadership, community leadership, and creative leadership.
- Candidates should demonstrate a commitment to women and girls via personal mentorship or community involvement. Such commitment is in alignment with the mission of Forté Foundation.
- Schools are encouraged to nominate fellows from their schools who represent diverse educational and work backgrounds, career goals, ethnicities and citizenship.
Forté Fellow Profile
|Class of 2015||Class of 2016|
|Reporting: 472 out of 488||Reporting: 586 out of 668|
|Citizenship||U.S. Citizen & Permanent Residents (76%)
Other Countries (24%)
|U.S. Citizen & Permanent Residents (68%)
Other Countries (32%)
Humanities/Social Science (27%)